Wednesday, January 27, 2010
For all you home, 1 machine render monkeys out there. I just discovered how to drop some core processing power (if you have a multi-core computer) while you are rendering so you can do all that web surfing while your machine chugs. CTRL-ALT-DEL into your task manager. Find the Maya process, right click on it and select set affinity. Click off one of procs. Cool, never knew about that one.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Monday, January 18, 2010
FLUID CLOUD TUTORIAL
V-RAY FOR MAYA BASICS
Simple start for the V Ray renderer plugin.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
USING NCLOTH TO DRIVE YOUR HAIR OR SPLINE IK
I came across a VERY cool technique to drive Maya's hair or splineIK. I saw a post online and the guy said
"create strips of polys from your hair, apply nCloth to them then wrap the hair to the nCloth"
I said "huh"?
So basically here's what he means...
Let's say you need a dynamically driven IK handle that you would normally drive with a dynamic curve (say a pony tail or an antennae). Instead
1. Loft 2 curves together and create a poly 'ribbon'.
2. Create nCloth of your poly loft.
3. Take 1 of the curves and wrap deform it to the polys which are now nCloth.
4. Your curve is now driven by the movement of the nCloth which is MUCH more versatile and has way better collision detection.
5. Now you can set up joints and spline IK your nClothed curve to them...all of this being driven by your nCloth.
6. Set up your nCloth constraints which are very good and predictable. Adjust your ncloth movement as you need it.
Saturday, January 02, 2010
SHOT 30FPS AND NEED IT AT 24FPS?
EDIT: WOW even a better technique... http://www.videocopilot.net/preset/frame_rate_converter/
Here's a cool tutorial on a quick and dirty way to convert 30i footage to 24fps in After Effects.